Welcome to the Beta Psi Sigma Chi Chapter 

23668998_1499002466815983_6545118441047324753_o.jpg

About Us 

Sigma Chi Fraternity History

The Sigma Chi Fraternity was founded at Miami University of Ohio on July 28th, 1855. Today, it is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious collegiate fraternities in nation. The fundamental purpose of Sigma Chi is the cultivation, maintenance, and accomplishment of the ideals of friendship, justice, and learning.

Beta Psi Chapter History

In the spring of 1919 several close friends in the student body of Georgia Tech, not satisfied with the bids they had received from the National Chapters, decided to form a local Fraternity with the ultimate aim of petitioning a National Fraternity whose standing was irreproachable and unquestionable. It was finally unanimously decided after a careful study of the various National Fraternities, to work toward Sigma Chi as a goal well worthy of their highest ideals and ambitions.

With the recommendations from the Delta chapter of Sigma Chi at the University of Georgia and the Beta Chi chapter of Sigma Chi at Emory University, along with several recommendations from existing fraternities on the Georgia Tech campus, the Beta Psi chapter of Sigma Chi was officially formed in the spring of 1922. Since its inception the Beta Psi chapter has maintained a strong presence on the campus of Georgia Tech. In 2017 we elected to rename our chapter the Bill George Beta Psi Chapter in honor of our brother, alumni, and generous donor, Bill George, former Medtronic CEO.